Livestock Marketing offers an analysis of the world livestock markets and insight into successfully navigating these markets, and it is presented by Darrell Peel, OSU Cooperative Extension livestock marketing specialist.
Livestock Marketing offers an analysis of the world livestock markets and insight into successfully navigating these markets, and it is presented by Darrell Peel, OSU Cooperative Extension livestock marketing specialist. Below is this week's market analysis. (Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
Peel's Livestock Market Analyses:
- Oct 10, 2014 Livestock Marketing 10/11/14
- Derrell Peel offers Dave Deken his perspective on wheat pasture conditions, management strategy for calves amid high prices and the current market for steers and heifers.
- Sep 26, 2014 Livestock Marketing 9/27/14
- Derrell Peel covers management strategy for producers with plenty of planted wheat acres, but limited cattle inventory during record prices.
- Sep 05, 2014 Livestock Marketing 9/6/14
- Derrell Peel has advice on herd management decisions amid record cattle prices.
- Aug 22, 2014 Livestock Marketing 8/23/14
- Derrell Peel discusses current conditions in the cattle markets.
- Jul 26, 2014 Livestock Marketing 7/26/14
- Derrell Peel examines the continuing trend of higher consumer beef prices, and the forage cost and grazing outlook for fall.
- Jul 12, 2014 Livestock Marketing 7/12/14
- Derrell Peel joins us to discuss the impact higher cattle and beef prices are having on demand.
- Jun 28, 2014 Livestock Marketing 6/28/14
- Derrell Peel analyzes the current cattle and beef import/export picture, as well as provides perspective on the livestock industry in Mexico.
- Jun 13, 2014 Livestock Marketing 6/14/14
- Derrell Peel talks about feeder cattle prices and how the recent rains affects cattle prices.
- May 30, 2014 Livestock Marketing 5/31/14
- Derrell Peel examines the continuing possibility of herd expansion.
- May 16, 2014 Livestock Marketing 5/17/14
- Derrell Peel tells us why the U.S. is importing more cattle from Canada and fewer cattle from Mexico.
- May 02, 2014 Livestock Marketing 5/3/14
- Derrell Peel looks at how 2014 is shaping up for cattle herd expansion.
- Apr 18, 2014 Livestock Marketing 4/19/14
- Derrell Peel looks at wholesale and fed cattle markets, as well as the factors that could impact seasonal beef prices.