Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist.
Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist. Listed below you'll find a link to each week's video discussion.
Selk's Weekly Tips:
(Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
- Oct 19, 2012 Cow-Calf Corner 10/20/12
- Glenn Selk tells producers how to utilize mineral supplements to prevent grass tetany in cattle grazing on wheat pasture.
- Oct 12, 2012 Cow-Calf Corner 10/13/12
- Glenn Selk discusses the importance of following VAC-45 protocol prior to selling calves.
- Oct 05, 2012 Cow-Calf Corner 10/6/12
- Glenn Selk offers advice on limit-feeding cattle on wheat pasture.
- Sep 28, 2012 Cow-Calf Corner 9/29/12
- Glenn Selk looks at proper culling procedures and record keeping.
- Sep 21, 2012 Cow-Calf Corner 9/22/12
- Glenn Selk explains the herd implications of twinning.
- Sep 14, 2012 Cow-Calf Corner 9/15/12
- Glenn Selk talks about the importance of vitamin A and how to ensure it is in a cow's diet.
- Sep 07, 2012 Cow-Calf Corner 9/8/12
- Glenn Selk provides tips on culling order options during drought and times of limited forage availability.
- Aug 31, 2012 Cow-Calf Corner 9/1/12
- Glenn Selk explains why newborn calves should receive colostrum as soon as possible.
- Aug 18, 2012 Cow-Calf Corner 8/18/12
- Glenn Selk outlines preparations producers should make before the start of calving season and lists items to include in a calving kit.
- Aug 11, 2012 Cow-Calf Corner 8/11/12
- Glenn Selk explores why high summer temperatures could cause calves to arrive early.
- Aug 04, 2012 Cow-Calf Corner 8/4/12
- Glenn Selk looks at how heat stress impacts bull fertility.