Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist.
Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist. Listed below you'll find a link to each week's video discussion.
Selk's Weekly Tips:
(Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
- Nov 19, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 11/19/16
- Glenn Selk says it’s important to select cows based on udder soundness.
- Nov 12, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 11/12/16
- Glenn Selk explains how to estimate the amount of hay cattle producers need to get through the winter.
- Nov 05, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 11/5/16
- Glenn Selk cautions against feeding forage sorghum to livestock following a frost.
- Oct 29, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 10/29/16
- Glenn Selk discusses USDA grades of cattle and dressing percent when selecting cattle to send to market.
- Oct 22, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 10/22/16
- Glenn Selk discusses supplement needs for cow-calf pairs on hay.
- Oct 15, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 10/15/16
- Glenn Selk explains body condition scores and looks at the ideal score range for most cattle.
- Oct 08, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 10/8/16
- Glenn Selk discusses how to ensure body condition scores as replacement heifers move into winter.
- Oct 01, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 10/1/16
- Glenn Selk talks about winter supplements leading into spring calving season.
- Sep 24, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 9/24/16
- Glenn Selk discusses possible benefits of varying feeding rates of supplements.
- Sep 17, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner: Replacement Heifers 9/17/16
- Glenn Selk discusses ways to ensure yearly replacement heifers are ready for fall breeding season.
- Sep 10, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 9/10/16
- Glenn Selk explains the benefits of waiting longer to wean calves.
- Aug 20, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 8/20/16
- Glenn Selk tells us to plan ahead for early fall-born calves.