Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist.
Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist. Listed below you'll find a link to each week's video discussion.
Selk's Weekly Tips:
(Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
- Feb 21, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 2/22/14
- Glenn Selk explains the importance of responding quickly to a calf delivering feet first.
- Feb 14, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 2/15/14
- Glenn Selk tells us how to help a newborn calf breathe properly.
- Feb 07, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 2/8/14
- Glenn Selk tells us the average delivery times to expect for cows and heifers.
- Jan 31, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 2/1/14
- Glenn Selk explains what ranchers should see during the three stages of calving.
- Jan 24, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 1/25/14
- Glenn Selk explains the potential benefits of interval feeding weaned replacement heifers.
- Jan 17, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 1/18/14
- Glenn Selk discusses the importance of getting colostrum into a newborn calf.
- Jan 11, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 1/11/14
- Glenn Selk explains ways to safely warm a calf showing signs of hypothermia in freezing temperatures.
- Jan 03, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 1/4/14
- Glenn Selk explains the effects of grazing wheat on breeding cattle.
- Dec 20, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 12/21/13
- Glenn Selk explains how reindeer fly.
- Dec 13, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 12/14/13
- Glenn Selk discusses the importance of body condition scores as we move through calving season and into breeding season.
- Dec 09, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 12/7/13
- Glenn Selk looks at the importance of slowly introducing nitrate-rich hay to winter stressed cattle.
- Nov 27, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 11/30/13
- Glenn Selk looks at the pros and cons of two different types of peanut hay and the potential risk of feeding cattle raw peanuts.