Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist.
Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist. Listed below you'll find a link to each week's video discussion.
Selk's Weekly Tips:
(Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
- Cow-Calf Corner 5/25/13
- Glenn Selk has advice on preparing your cattle operation for severe weather and how to protect livestock after a storm hits.
- Cow-Calf Corner 5/18/13
- Glenn Selk encourages producers to review the calving season in order to make improvements next year.
- Cow-Calf Corner 5/11/13
- Glenn Selk shares deworming strategies.
- Cow-Calf Corner 5/4/13
- Glenn Selk helps producers set realistic expectations for artificial insemination success rates.
- Cow-Calf Corner 4/27/13
- Glenn Selk explains how short-term calf removal can promote rebreeding in certain cases.
- Cow-Calf Corner 4/20/13
- Glenn Selk makes the case for a shorter breeding season.
- Cow-Calf Corner 4/13/13
- Glenn Selk explains how to properly give injections.
- Cow-Calf Corner 4/6/13
- Glenn Selk helps producers decide whether to early wean calves.
- Cow-Calf Corner 3/30/13
- Glenn Selk advises producers on how to deal with twin calves.
- Cow-Calf Corner 3/23/13
- Glenn Selk explains why it is vital to maintain body condition in cows between calving and breeding.
- Cow-Calf Corner 3/16/13
- Glenn Selk explains the components of a breeding-soundness exam for bulls.
- Cow-Calf Corner 3/9/13
- Glenn Selk discusses the impact on fertility when breeding heifers are moved from a high-protein wheat pasture to dormant grass pasture.