Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist.
Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist. Listed below you'll find a link to each week's video discussion.
Selk's Weekly Tips:
(Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
- Sep 13, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 9/13/14
- Glenn Selk explains the value of testing protein content in hay.
- Sep 05, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 9/6/14
- Glenn Selk looks at the importance of colostrum to newborn calves.
- Aug 29, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 8/30/14
- Glenn Selk has tips on preventing calf scours.
- Aug 22, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 8/23/14
- Glenn Selk explains how summer heat can lead to early fall calving
- Aug 16, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 8/16/14
- Glenn Selk offers some tips for the fall calving season.
- Aug 02, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 8/02/14
- Glenn Selk explains how to stockpile bermudagrass.
- Jul 26, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 7/26/14
- Glenn Selk offers tips on following the Beef Quality Assurance guidelines
- Jul 19, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 7/19/14
- Glenn Selk explains the benefits of combining the Oklahoma Gold supplement program and deworming in late summer.
- Jul 12, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 7/12/14
- Glenn Selk looks at nitrate levels in summer annuals when cut at different times of day.
- Jul 05, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 7/05/14
- Glenn Selk discusses how warmer temperatures impact breeding efficiency in bulls.
- Jun 28, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 6/28/14
- Glenn Selk looks at the benefits of the Oklahoma Gold feeding program.
- Jun 20, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 6/21/14
- Glenn Selk looks at how to maintain and manage mineral intake.