Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist.
Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist. Listed below you'll find a link to each week's video discussion.
Selk's Weekly Tips:
(Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
- Jul 19, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 7/19/14
- Glenn Selk explains the benefits of combining the Oklahoma Gold supplement program and deworming in late summer.
- Jul 12, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 7/12/14
- Glenn Selk looks at nitrate levels in summer annuals when cut at different times of day.
- Jul 05, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 7/05/14
- Glenn Selk discusses how warmer temperatures impact breeding efficiency in bulls.
- Jun 28, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 6/28/14
- Glenn Selk looks at the benefits of the Oklahoma Gold feeding program.
- Jun 20, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 6/21/14
- Glenn Selk looks at how to maintain and manage mineral intake.
- Jun 13, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 6/14/14
- Glenn Selk examines the potential for nitrate toxicity exposure from summer annuals.
- Jun 06, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 6/7/14
- Glenn Selk explains how fence-line weaning could improve profit margins.
- May 30, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 5/31/14
- Glenn Selk considers the potential benefits of having both a spring and fall calving season on your ranch.
- May 26, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 5/24/14
- Glenn Selk explains the best storage methods for round hay bales.
- May 16, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 5/17/14
- Glenn Selk covers research on the benefits of culling unruly cows from a herd.
- May 09, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 5/10/14
- Glenn Selk offers advice on preventing and treating eye problems in a herd.
- May 02, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 5/3/14
- Glenn Selk explains the importance of pregnancy checks for replacement heifers after rebreeding season.