Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist.
Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist. Listed below you'll find a link to each week's video discussion.
Selk's Weekly Tips:
(Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
- Jan 14, 2017 Cow-Calf Corner 1/14/17
- Glenn Selk discusses three of the best ways to warm newborn calves in extreme cold weather.
- Jan 07, 2017 Cow-Calf Corner 1/7/17
- Glenn Selk explains a way to ensure calves are born in the daylight hours.
- Dec 31, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner: Looking Back at 2016 12/31/16
- Glenn Selk has advice for producers for 2016 and 2017.
- Dec 24, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner: Holiday Edition 12/24/16
- Glenn Selk talks about Santa's reindeer in a special holiday edition of Cow-Calf Corner.
- Dec 17, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 12/17/16
- Glenn Selk explains the importance of colostrum to newborn calves.
- Dec 10, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 12/10/16
- Glenn Selk has advice for selecting the right numbers of heifers to keep.
- Dec 03, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 12/3/16
- Glenn Selk says it’s important to check calving equipment before you need it.
- Nov 19, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 11/19/16
- Glenn Selk says it’s important to select cows based on udder soundness.
- Nov 12, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 11/12/16
- Glenn Selk explains how to estimate the amount of hay cattle producers need to get through the winter.
- Nov 05, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 11/5/16
- Glenn Selk cautions against feeding forage sorghum to livestock following a frost.
- Oct 29, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 10/29/16
- Glenn Selk discusses USDA grades of cattle and dressing percent when selecting cattle to send to market.
- Oct 22, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 10/22/16
- Glenn Selk discusses supplement needs for cow-calf pairs on hay.