Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist.
Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist. Listed below you'll find a link to each week's video discussion.
Selk's Weekly Tips:
(Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
- Feb 18, 2017 Cow-Calf Corner: Stage of calving 2/18/17
- Glenn Selk advises producers to tickle the nose of newborn calves rather than hang them upside down to combat acidosis.
- Feb 11, 2017 Cow-Calf Corner: Stages of Calving 2/11/17
- Glenn Selk walks us through the different stages of calving.
- Feb 04, 2017 Cow-Calf Corner: Can You Tell When the Calf is Coming? 2/4/17
- Glenn Selk has an overview of behaviors and other signs indicating a calf is on its way.
- Jan 28, 2017 Cow-Calf Corner 1/28/17
- Glenn Selk explains the proper way to use obstetrical chains during calving.
- Jan 21, 2017 Cow-Calf Corner 1/21/17
- Glenn Selk builds a calving kit ahead of the spring calving season.
- Jan 14, 2017 Cow-Calf Corner 1/14/17
- Glenn Selk discusses three of the best ways to warm newborn calves in extreme cold weather.
- Jan 07, 2017 Cow-Calf Corner 1/7/17
- Glenn Selk explains a way to ensure calves are born in the daylight hours.
- Dec 31, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner: Looking Back at 2016 12/31/16
- Glenn Selk has advice for producers for 2016 and 2017.
- Dec 24, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner: Holiday Edition 12/24/16
- Glenn Selk talks about Santa's reindeer in a special holiday edition of Cow-Calf Corner.
- Dec 17, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 12/17/16
- Glenn Selk explains the importance of colostrum to newborn calves.
- Dec 10, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 12/10/16
- Glenn Selk has advice for selecting the right numbers of heifers to keep.
- Dec 03, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 12/3/16
- Glenn Selk says it’s important to check calving equipment before you need it.