Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist.
Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist. Listed below you'll find a link to each week's video discussion.
Selk's Weekly Tips:
(Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
- Apr 18, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 4/19/14
- Glenn Selk explains the importance of checking udder soundness in order to make culling decisions.
- Apr 11, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 4/12/14
- Glenn Selk explains why freemartin calves (females born with a bull twin) should not be used as replacement heifers.
- Apr 05, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 4/5/14
- Glenn Selk looks at weaning times for fall calves.
- Mar 28, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 3/29/14
- Glenn Selk explains the OSU research on the importance of continuing to feed hay to spring calving beef cattle.
- Mar 24, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 3/22/14
- Glenn Selk covers OSU research on how restricted diets impact heifer rebreeding rates.
- Feb 21, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 2/22/14
- Glenn Selk explains the importance of responding quickly to a calf delivering feet first.
- Feb 14, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 2/15/14
- Glenn Selk tells us how to help a newborn calf breathe properly.
- Feb 07, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 2/8/14
- Glenn Selk tells us the average delivery times to expect for cows and heifers.
- Jan 31, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 2/1/14
- Glenn Selk explains what ranchers should see during the three stages of calving.
- Jan 24, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 1/25/14
- Glenn Selk explains the potential benefits of interval feeding weaned replacement heifers.
- Jan 17, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 1/18/14
- Glenn Selk discusses the importance of getting colostrum into a newborn calf.
- Jan 11, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 1/11/14
- Glenn Selk explains ways to safely warm a calf showing signs of hypothermia in freezing temperatures.