Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist.
Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist. Listed below you'll find a link to each week's video discussion.
Selk's Weekly Tips:
(Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
- Nov 21, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 11/22/14
- Glenn Selk offers advice on adjusting supplements during winter weather events.
- Nov 14, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 11/15/14
- Glenn Selk has guidelines on culling aging cows.
- Nov 07, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 11/8/14
- Glenn Selk looks at factors that impact conditioning and dressing percentage when marketing cattle.
- Oct 31, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 11/1/14
- Glenn Selk encourages producers to check udder soundness before making culling decisions.
- Oct 24, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 10/25/14
- Glenn Selk discusses the importance of using ionophores with replacement heifers.
- Oct 17, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 10/18/14
- Glenn Selk guides producers on establishing cow-to-bull ratios for the upcoming breeding season.
- Oct 10, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 10/11/14
- Glenn Selk tells us about herd sorting options for more efficient winter supplementation.
- Oct 03, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 10/4/14
- Glenn Selk offers tips on preparing bulls for breeding season.
- Sep 26, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 9/27/14
- Glenn Selk has culling tips to help producers with marketing.
- Sep 19, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 9/20/14
- Glenn Selk looks at the health benefits of weaning calves at least 45 days prior to marketing.
- Sep 13, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 9/13/14
- Glenn Selk explains the value of testing protein content in hay.
- Sep 05, 2014 Cow-Calf Corner 9/6/14
- Glenn Selk looks at the importance of colostrum to newborn calves.