Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist.
Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist. Listed below you'll find a link to each week's video discussion.
Selk's Weekly Tips:
(Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
- Dec 09, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 12/7/13
- Glenn Selk looks at the importance of slowly introducing nitrate-rich hay to winter stressed cattle.
- Nov 27, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 11/30/13
- Glenn Selk looks at the pros and cons of two different types of peanut hay and the potential risk of feeding cattle raw peanuts.
- Nov 22, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 11/23/13
- Glenn Selk explains why now is a good time to prepare your operation for spring calving and what to include in an emergency calving kit.
- Nov 15, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 11/16/13
- Glenn Selk helps producers determine how much hay their herds will need each day
- Nov 08, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 11/9/13
- Glenn Selk explains how body condition scores may help producers make culling decisions.
- Nov 01, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 11/2/13
- Glenn Selk explains the importance giving mineral supplements to prevent grass tetany in mature cows grazing on wheat pasture this fall and winter.
- Oct 25, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 10/26/13
- Glenn Selk offers advice on maintaining body condition scores for cattle grazing on wheat pasture.
- Oct 18, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 10/19/13
- Glenn Selk explains the proper protein supplement rates based on various types of hay quality.
- Oct 11, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 10/12/13
- Glenn Selk explains how interval feeding of protein supplements during pregnancy can help lower operating costs.
- Oct 04, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 10/5/13
- Glenn Selk has tips on selecting replacement heifers by observing their temperament and interaction with the herd.
- Sep 27, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 9/28/13
- Glenn Selk explains the risk of prussic acid poisoning from grazing johnsongrass.
- Sep 20, 2013 Cow-Calf Corner 9/21/13
- Glenn Selk talks about the importance of adding protein supplements when feeding lower-quality hay.