Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist.
Cow-Calf Corner is a collection of timely management tips of interest to cow-calf producers in Oklahoma, and it is presented by Glenn Selk, OSU Cooperative Extension cattle specialist. Listed below you'll find a link to each week's video discussion.
Selk's Weekly Tips:
(Please visit SUNUP TV's YouTube channel for shows predating August 4, 2012.)
- Sep 24, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 9/24/16
- Glenn Selk discusses possible benefits of varying feeding rates of supplements.
- Sep 17, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner: Replacement Heifers 9/17/16
- Glenn Selk discusses ways to ensure yearly replacement heifers are ready for fall breeding season.
- Sep 10, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 9/10/16
- Glenn Selk explains the benefits of waiting longer to wean calves.
- Aug 20, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 8/20/16
- Glenn Selk tells us to plan ahead for early fall-born calves.
- Aug 13, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 8/13/16
- Glenn Selk explains how stockpiling bermudagrass can reduce winter feed costs.
- Aug 06, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 8/6/16
- Glenn Selk explains how nutrients consumed by mother cows can impact calf development.
- Jul 30, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 7/30/16
- Glenn Selk explains why when harvesting nitrate-prone crops, it’s not time of day that matters, rather it’s soil nutrition that impacts forage quality.
- Jul 23, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 7/23/16
- Glenn Selk defines Positive Associative Affect and how to use it to benefit the herd.
- Jul 16, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 7/16/16
- Glenn Selk cautions use of harvested summer annual forage and looks at the importance of having it tested.
- Jul 09, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 7/9/16
- Glenn Selk shares research concerning calf birthweight and birth season.
- Jul 02, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 7/2/16
- Glenn Selk covers mineral needs, including record keeping, mineral calculations and a reminder about implementation of the new FDA Veterinary Feed Directive.
- Jun 25, 2016 Cow-Calf Corner 6/25/16
- Glenn Selk shares the need to follow Beef Quality Assurance guidelines when vaccinating cattle.